Medicines required on a regular basis can be ordered by handing your repeat prescription into the practice or
- By telephoning 846674
- By post with a stamped addressed envelope
- Online via the link at the top of this page (contact the surgery to sign up for SystmOnline)
Please allow 48 hours’ notice before collecting your prescription.
Electronic Prescribing Service
This practice is set up for the electronic prescription service.
This means that for most patients we can send your prescription to your chosen chemist directly saving you having to come down to the surgery.
To get your prescription sent to your chosen pharmacy you will have to ask reception to sign up.
For more information please click here
The receptionist may, at certain intervals, ask you to make arrangements to see the doctor or nurse before another repeat prescription is issued. This is to ensure that your medications are working safely and effectively and allows you an opportunity to ask us any questions about your condition or medication
Medicines Delivery Services
If you wish to have your medications delivered by the chemist you must ring the chemist direct and arrange this. The telephone numbers are:
- Cohens 01484 842803
- Cowersley 01484 652938
- Star 01484 842666
Help with NHS costs
In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free. This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes, such as:
- those on specific benefits or through the NHS Low Income Scheme
- those who are age exempt
- those with certain medical conditions
- More information is available at NHS Choices
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.35
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £108.10
- 3-month PPC: £30.25
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website.